Tuesday, September 2, 2008

YIPPEE ABBY!


So you all know how miserable the first days of school are. Not for the kids, for the moms! ALL of the mountains and mountains of paperwork that has to be sent in. Emergency release forms, medical forms, address verification, surveys from the teachers, and the good ol' handbook that has to be reviewed with the kids and signed. Normally YUCK, or in our case YIPPEE! It literally paid off this year as I received a phone call from the principal this morning. When I saw it on Caller ID I was sure someone would need to come home because of sickness or something, then I was more leery when I discovered it was the principal. 'What did Eli do now' you ask. You're Wrong! It was Abby. She won a $100 gift card to the mall in a drawing because I spent hours filling out paperwork and I got it back in on time. So off to the mall later with the kids. Abby has been eyeing new pajamas with her new crush, Bobby Jack (a cute little monkey, apparently all the girls LOVE him) on them.

1 comment:

The Smith Family said...

Awesome! Every school should do the gift card thing! Out here we have to turn in all the forms before school starts (they mail them to us), which I guess the theory is in case an accident happens the first day or something. I think YOU should get to go on a shopping spree...you're the one who filled the forms out!:)