Tuesday, February 17, 2009

February Update

This has been a busy few weeks. We have finished up the floors in the kitchen (FINALLY)! My fridge has been in the dining room for the last 6 weeks while we waited for the floors to cure, so you can understand my excitement. There a just a few more pieces of trim to put up here and there and then... Finito! It was so nice today to bake banana-chocolate muffins in my kitchen.


Thursday was supposed to be Eli's 100 days of school celebration. He counted out 100 goldfish crackers and put them in a fish bowl that he had decorated for the class '100s Museum'. However, Wednesday night there was another huge windstorm knocking out power to the school. Not to mention that it blew over our temporary shed again. At least this time it didn't have to be turned into State Farm. I wonder if this is a sign that we shouldn't build our garage in that corner of the lot?



So because school was cancelled on Thursday the 100 day celebration was combined with Valentine's day in Eli's class. I love Valentine's Day Parties. They are by far the best class parties. I spent the whole day in my role as PTO Treasurer running back and forth to the bank to cash checks and pay for Pizza Parties that the classes had earned. The kids (My mom, Abby and I) made cute valentines with her Cricut. Eli (ok, once again, not Eli) made cute pillow pockets filled with goodies and Abby made flowers with lollipops and paper petals and leaves. She sported a heart hair style that had teachers taking pictures of her head. It is so fun to have such a girlie girl.


I woke up the morning of Valentine's Day to find fun little notes, 135 to be exact, all over the house. Chuck has spent the entire night before writing them out. It was so nice of him to think of me.

6 comments:

The Robisons said...

Jennifer!!! How sweet is your husband (okay, on Valentines day at least)... :o) You are such a good mom making all of those yummy treats!!
PS--Abby's hair looked ADORABLE!!

Rine Family said...

Jen I love Abby's hair! You are so creative!! Your little ones will have such wonderful memories of the wonderful things you did to make every holiday fun for them. Chuck, nice to see their is still one romantic guys left in the world.. way to go! Your kitchen looks beautiful...

Patty said...

What a fun hairstyle.
I love your kitchen. It turned out beautiful. I'm sure that you are loving it.
What a fun Valentine surprise from your husband.
I agree that Valentine class parties are the best.

The Smith Family said...

What fun you guys have been up to! Abby's hair was SO COOL! If I ever am lucky enough to have a girl, I'll have to remember that one! Fun! The kitchen is fab and way to go Chuck--I'm impressed with his note idea and I'm sure Adam will be too. What a sweetie!

Stephanie said...

Your kitchen looks beautiful!! And, when I was telling you about my friend's daughter's hair, you were holding out on me. Abby's is cuter because you put the ribbon in the braid, but that was the kind of hairstyle I was trying to tell you about. :) That is so sweet what Chuck did for you for Valentine's day...I'm going to assume it was great. :)

cindy said...

Love the floor.