Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fall is Here!

Last weekend my mom and I met up in Columbus for the Country Living Fair. It was amazing! This is why I love Ohio. You can read more about the fair here http://ronanddianapike.blogspot.com/ (no point in rewriting it). After coming home I felt an urgent need to duplicate some fun crafts we saw there. First is my rake scarecrow. I wasn't able to find any straw so our corn stalks made due as arms. There was also a fun booth from http://paintideas.com/ they had a great craft for Eli. I know, Eli and spray paint, SCARY! But he loves his little bat. On Saturday we went to a great apple farm and came home with a bushel of apples for applesauce and apple pie filling. So 6 quarts of applesauce, 6 pints of redhot apple sauce and 14 quarts of apple pie filling (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Canned-Apple-Pie-Filling/Detail.aspx) later my kitchen was a sticky mess! Where did summer go?



5 comments:

Diana Pike said...

That scarecrow is hilarious!!! I can't believe you done so much of what we saw already! And please tell me how to make the apple pie filling! Mom

The Robisons said...

Shoot, talk about motivation (yeah, none of that here)!! Love it!

The Smith Family said...

Love the scarecrow! Too fun! I love fall--I can't wait for some of the craftfairs around here soon. Awesome, all the apples! YUM!

Anonymous said...

Great bat Eli! Just like the real one hanging in your bedroom last month!
-Grandma Smith

carolyn said...

All the boys are going to be a bat for halloween, they loved yours, Eli. Goodness, I am impressed by all the fun things you guys do!