Saturday, March 6, 2010

Signs of Spring

We finally woke up to sunshine this morning. When I got home from spinning class we loaded the kids in the car and drove towards Zanesville to go to a little bulk food store. After we filled up on goodies, we headed to Dawes Arboretum for their Maple Syrup Madness. We knew we were getting close when we could smell the sugar in the air.
It was our first time going, and we will definitely be making it a tradition. We went on a short walk through the snow covered woods where we read markers about the history of tree tapping. Our walk ended at a cabin where they were boiling the syrup down. The kids had a wonderful time, and it was great to be out in the sun. Of course we had to swing by and pick up maple syrup candy.
When we got home I was excited to see that my hostas and daffodils are starting to appear around the house. I am looking forward to spring!



3 comments:

Stephanie said...

That sounded fun. Brandy was telling me about the Maple Syrup thing and the kids and I missed it last year, so I told them I'd take them to it this year. I'm glad to hear such good reviews about it!

Kendra said...

Fun! I don't think I've ever had maple syrup candy. Everybody's looking great!

Unknown said...

Hey, We took the kids to see that as well. However, I told Elise we were going to the park so when we got there and she found out it was a log cabin with a big stove in it. She was not impressed. She kept asking where the slides and swings were. I guess next time I will have to be more clear.