Friday, November 14, 2008

Best Case Scenario

It is the official end of the first nine weeks of school. Along with that came parent teacher conferences and report cards. I am so proud of the children! They both came home with straight A's and great reports from their teachers. Along with that good news Abby won the class spelling bee and was given a solo in the upcoming 2nd grade Christmas Program. I was so excited for Abby. Later that evening I was going through Eli's communication folder from his teacher and found a note from the Principal. GREAT! What did he do now? When I opened it I was happy to see that he had been picked from his class to be in the Lancer Lunch Bunch (a pizza lunch with the Principal) for being the most Repsonsible student for October. Good work Eli!

When walking the kids to school this morning the music teacher ran up to me. She explained that they had their first practice with Abby's solo and that she has the most beautiful voice. She has a natural....(fill in some fancy music word here, due to my lack of musical talent I have no idea what it is) and how wonderful it is. So now I am headed off to glue pom poms onto reindeer collars for the program. What do you think the odds are that she was just buttering me up before she asked for my help?

2 comments:

The Smith Family said...

Buttering you up? Nah, I'm sure Abby's just talented--which isn't shocking, it's in her blood--I've heard you sing, you're great, and I can bet Chuck can too!:) Yeah for Abby, and congrats to Eli! Sounds like you've got two sweet, kind, geniuses on your hands!

Patty said...

Good reports from school are such a blessing. It sounds like they are both doing terrific!!!!!
It helps to have parents who are so involved with them.